If you use QuickBooks Online to manage company data, you can import existing files to your Monchilla account. You simply need to export a .csv file that you can import to Monchilla.
Export from QuickBooks Online
- From the QuickBooks home screen, click Reports in the left navigation pane.
- In the search field, type customer. Then click the search result Customer Balance Detail in the menu to open the report.
- Click the Excel button.
- The file is downloaded to your default Downloads folder in .xls format. Open the file in Excel. (If the file opens in Protected View, with a yellow bar along the top, click the Enable Editing button.) Check the formatting to ensure that all columns have correct headings. Click File, then select Save As.
- In the Save As window, select CSV (Comma delimited) as the Save as type. If you wish to save to a different folder, navigate to your desired folder location. Then click Save. If you get a notification about compatibility, click Yes.
Now that you’ve exported the file in the correct format, you’re ready to import it to Monchilla.
Import to Monchilla
- Log in to your Monchilla account. Under the Settings tab, click Import.
- On the Step 1: Import Chart of Accounts page, click the Skip this Step button four times to get to Step 5: Import Open Invoices.
- On the Step 5: Import Open Invoices page, click the Select button.
- Select the .csv file you just created and click Open.
- The selected filename will appear below. (Note: If you selected the wrong file, click the red X to remove it, then repeat the steps to select the correct file.) Then click Import Open Invoices.
If the import is successful, the page will move ahead to Step 6: Import Unpaid Bills.
If the import fails, you will receive an error message. Check your file to ensure the formatting is correct. If the problem persists, contact email@example.com.