If you have an item that you would like to quickly add to invoices, you can create a product.
To create a product:
Under the Income tab, click Products. The Products page appears.
Click Create Product. The Products window appears.
Enter information about the product in the Products window. This window contains the following fields:
- Type: Indicate if the product is a service or material.
- Product Name: The name of the product.
- Description: An optional description of the product.
- Product Number: An optional product number of this product.
- Cost: An optional cost of goods sold for this product.
Click New Price.
Enter the start and end dates for the price of the product and click Save. You can change the price of the product over time.
Tip: To edit the product price, click the price and select Edit Item. Edit the price as needed and then click Save. To delete a product price, click the price, select Edit Item, click Delete, and then click OK.
Note: The time tab is used to Associate Billable Time to a product.
On the Products window, click Save.
The product appears on the Products page.
You've successfully created a product.