Monchilla makes it very easy to send a customer an estimate, turn that estimate into anticipated income when you get the project and invoice the customer when the project is complete.
Creating an Estimate
- Click the Income tab. On the the Income page, click the green Invoice button.
- In the upper right corner of the invoice change the status to Estimate.
- Specify the customer, project and products and click Save.
Note: For more detailed help completing these fields start at step 3 of Creating an Invoice.
- When your estimate is ready you can print it or you can email it directly to your customer.
You've successfully created an estimate for a customer.
Changing an Estimate to Expected Income
When your customer approves the estimate, you'll need to change the invoice status back to expected income.
- On the Income page, select your estimate and then click Edit Item.
The Invoice window opens.
- In the top right corner change the Status from Estimate to Expected.
- At the bottom right of the invoice click Save.
Your estimate is now an expected invoice and will be included in financial projections for your business.
Changing Expected Income into an Invoice for a Customer
When you have completed the work and are ready to invoice the customer, change the status on the invoice and send it.
- On the income page, select the invoice and click Edit Item.
- In the top right corner change the Status field from Expected to Sent Invoice.