Monchilla helps you track employee time for payroll and for invoicing customers (if you charge by the hour).
- Click on the Time link in the top left corner. Then log in using the email account you'll use for employee time tracking.
- Now click on Settings (if this is your first time, it will take you there automatically) and then click the Add New Activity button.Activities give employees options for recording time. For example, you might create activities for vacation, sick leave, work and leave without pay. You can create as many Activities as you want to achieve the level of detail you need.
- Enter the name of the activity and click Save.
- You can also rename the sample activities created to help you get started by selecting one and clicking Edit Item.
- Enter the activity name and click Save.
- Once you have created the activities you need, you'll see something like this:
Invite Employees to Log Time
Now you're ready to give employees access so they can log time.
- Click the Sharing tab, then click the Add Friend button.
- Enter the Name and Email Address of the employee (usually their work email address) and check the activities you would like them to be able to select. (Note: In this example Sick Leave is not selected as it is not part of the employee's compensation package.)
- Click Send Invite. This sends the employee a link where they can create a Monchilla account (they will not have access to your company's accounting records). After inviting the employee, the State field will read Invite Pending.
- Once the employee has created an account, they will be asked to accept access to the activities you have shared. The employee should click the Accept button on this screen.
- After the employee accepts access, the State field will change to Accepted. The employee is now ready to log time.
Connecting your Company File
The final step is to connect your time tracking account to your company file.
- Click Money in the top left, then select your company file.
Note: Be sure you are logged in with an account that has permission to the company file.
- Under the Settings tab, click Company.
- Scroll down and enter the email address you used to set up time tracking. Then click Save.
Note: Do not use the employee's email address. Use the email address you were logged in with when you created the activities.
- Under the Payroll tab, click Time.
- On the Unpaid tab, select any activities the employee will not be paid for and click Save. (In this example only Leave Without Pay is selected. If you don’t have any unpaid activities, you can skip this step.)
- Click the Vacation tab and select the activities that represent used vacation time. Any time logged by the employee to activities that are selected here will decrease the vacation balance for the employee. (In this example, only Vacation is selected. If you don’t have any vacation activities, you can skip this step.)
- Now click the Sick Leave tab and select the activities that represent used sick leave. Any time logged by the employee to activities that are selected here will decrease the sick leave balance for the employee. (In this example, only Sick Leave is selected. If you don’t have any sick leave activities, you can skip this step.)
Then click Save.
You've successfully set up employee time tracking.